Thursday 4 August 2016

Wish I Could Have Seen It Live…

Wish I Could Have Seen It Live…


5000 years back, O Lord krsna did u appear

But I didn’t get an opportunity so dear

To associate with u O my Lord

As my heart wasn’t pure to dance to your accord



500 years ago u appeared again

To drench the living entities in divine rain

It was a rain of Holy Names that never came before

That drowned everyone & penetrated heart’s core.


To see all that, I wasn’t so fortunate again

What to do my Lord, as I am sinful wretched & a lusty insane.

To enter those pastimes I didn’t have any qualification

My time wasn’t ripe to get such benediction


50 years back my lord U sent Your most powerful commander

But again I missed the chance to associate with this divine ambassador

This thought always haunts that I missed Your presence so closely within 5000 years

But I should have taken my birth before, by at least 50 years!

I could have seen the magic of your empowered servant happening live

This would have been a reason for me to survive!


O Srila Prabhupad!

The Love &  Dedication, I see in your disciples

Can still disentangle our heart’s shackles

Even after years, they adore u so much

I wish I also had your personal touch.


From your disciples, whenever we get to hear

Our heart gladdens, your separation unable to bear.

Such memories of yours, I wish I too had

To serve u throughout life without being sad.


Like the pastimes of Krishna, your remembrance has such a nature

That it remains ever fresh & one loses one’s own stature.

Each of your disciple has such profound memories

That it still enlivens everyone with spellbinding stories.



Even if the same thing many times one has heard

It makes a deep impact in the heart, with a loud thud.

The legacy you started, Your disciples have followed

Spiritual master’s orders be always hallowed.


My dear Srila Prabhupad

We are now in the third generation

But we we aspire the dedication of the first generation…


Please give the strength to continue lifelong

& handover the same to the next generation on.

The saga has to continue for next 10,000th year

Please give the strength to spread it without fear.


To the guru parampara, we remain dedicated

Always following you without determination bated.


No comments:

Post a Comment